Sunday 16th September 2012 – fly-in for all types, large model flying, vintage vehicles, fire engines, music and entertainers.
Runways will close to fixed-wing traffic for short periods to allow large models to fly – 10.30-10.50, 11.30-11.50, 13.00-13.30, 14.30-14.50 and 15.45-16.05, all times local.
We’re pleased to announce that this event now incorporates a display of cockpits from a variety of aircraft, to be held in front of the control tower. This will include the Boulton Paul Association’s Overstrand cockpit, pictured. We’re also expecting a Phantom cockpit ex-Luftwaffe, and a Spitfire cockpit on its first outing. Several others are in the pipeline – anyone wanting to bring a cockpit please contact us!
- Visiting aircraft
- Regular large scale flying model aircraft displays.
- Model tanks
- CockpitsWest – displays of privately owned aircraft cockpits
- Aerojumble – stalls selling aircraft parts/books/pictures/models etc.
- Display of classic cars, military vehicles and re-enactors
- Hangar Entertainers
- Helicopter flights
- Static aircraft displayed
- Bouncy castles
Opening hours 10am – 4pm. Entry £5 for adults, £4 for senior citizens. Under 16s no charge if accompanied by adult. Parking free.